The virtually 1.3 billion websites active right now, reside in servers housed in data centers spread out all over the world. Managed dedicated server hosting is the way to go for your business websites or company if you can afford it.
You may find that the paybacks and ROI may likely more than cover your monthly hosting expenses. After all, your website is the front face of your company, business, or brand. Regardless, if yours is an eCommerce or brick-and-mortar store with an online presence. Your website is the key contact point and primary channel to engage with the customers; it is where you get leads, realize conversions, and close sales.
An optimally operating business or eCommerce website is a revenue generator which can knowingly improve your bottom line.
While there are some free web hosting platforms for personal blogs and websites, the case is different for companies, business or ecommerce stores that demand high-bandwidth, large storage, fast-loading, modern and responsive websites. Managed web hosting services can take care of these, for a monthly, quarterly, or annually fee.
A web server is usually a rented space. You as the company, business or individual user pay monthly rental or subscription not only for the use of the server but also of the add-on software and Internet connection provided by Web hosting services. These service providers offer three types of hosting plans:
Shared hosting. Your website is stored over the server that hosts multiple websites. It’s the budget-friendly ($5-10 or less a month) option to quickly get your website up and running. However, your site’s stability may be affected, if other websites that you share the server with experience spikes in traffic.
VPS hosting. Combines best elements of shared and dedicated server with more advanced features and better flexibility. VPS server powers less sites and the cost of running it is shared by sites hosted there, making it inexpensive than dedicated servers (around $20 to $100/month).
Dedicated server. If cost is not an issue ($100+/month), you get your own server all your own including its full capabilities – CPU, RAM, storage, CDN, maximum loading speed, ability to withstand huge traffic, and full control over apps and scripts you’d like to install on your server.
Managed dedicated hosting is the way to go for your eCommerce or business websites if you can afford it. You may find that the benefits and ROI may likely more than cover your monthly hosting expense. After all, your website is the online public face of your company, business, or brand, regardless of whether yours is an eCommerce or brick-and-mortar store with a Web presence. Your website is a key contact point and primary channel to engage with customers; it is where you get leads, realize conversions, and close sales. An optimally operating business or eCommerce website is a revenue generator that can significantly improve your bottom line.
It is therefore highest that your website gets a solid base, and a dedicated server will provide you that – website stability, reliability, flawless operation, and continual accessibility. All for a price, of course, since you get to harness all the power and resources of a managed server that can support millions of page hits per month, store gigabytes of data, has its own isolated security, can meet head-on the most intensive requirement of web and mobile applications, guarantee 100% uptime, and ensure fast site loading speed, among other capabilities. This write up on best dedicated server hosting reviews is intended to guide you in getting the choice service for your money.
The dedicated hosting market worldwide has been on an upswing since 2010 and projected to reach $6.53 billion by 2020. Moreover, the top ten hosting companies account for 24% of the world’s web hosting market. In this blog, we’ll go over the best managed dedicated server hosting reviews that we have here at LogicalIDEA.
What are the top 10 managed dedicated server hosting solutions of 2020?
1. InMotion Hosting
InMotion Hosting is a highly rated web hosting service provider that claims of a proven track record. It has been recognized by various publications as the best hosting company and recipient of an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau, a consumer protection organization that monitors and evaluates that integrity and performance of businesses located in the U.S. and Canada. Based in Los Angeles, CA the company provides domain and web hosting services, as well as dedicated hosting solutions to various types of businesses. It is noted for its fast and affordable web hosting services, along with reliable after-sales support. Tested several times across 4 different websites since 2005, InMotion Hosting recorded an overall uptime of 99.895%. The company offers single and dual processor dedicated servers that are fully managed and custom installed with LAMP stack.
If you’d like to try out their services you can visit InMotion Hosting website here.
Price range: $99.99 – $229.99/month available in three plans with varying specs and features. All dedicated servers come with free cPanel and WHM, and free SSL.
What is unique about InMotion Hosting?
- Free SSD. Dedicated servers include free SSD for faster read/write speeds and improved uptime compared with traditional HHD.
- Smart routing technology. 99.99% net uptime is made possible with BGP multi-honing and redundant switching network to ensure highest network speed.
- Rebootless upgrades. KernelCare technology keeps your OS secure and up-to-date without affecting your online presence. It eliminates costly system reboots and maintenance downtime.
Multiple bandwidth providers. Several bandwidth providers are utilized so that in the event one goes down, a smart routing technology automatically switches to another provider to keep your site always online.
Hostwinds was founded in 2010. Its primary mission is to provide customer satisfaction and support through enterprise-level hosting solutions at budget-friendly fees. Their hosting packages include shared, business, reseller, Linux VPS, and dedicated server hosting. The provider operates two data centers in the U.S. equipped with disaster management solutions. Hostwinds offers SAS Type II audited and Tier 4 certified data centers, are connected to 16 fiber providers and secured by 24/7 security and video surveillance. Dedicated servers are not offered as one-size fits all solutions since users have different requirements. What they provide are custom-building solutions to come up with a dedicated server to match their needs. You can sign up for Hostwinds here.
Price range: $99 – $364/month base cost with 8 dedicated plans to choose from that you can build on and customize for an additional price on the software and component depending on what you need.
What is unique about Hostwinds?
- Custom-built solution. Hostwinds can get you online on your own dedicated server for less than a hundred bucks a month. That’s the base price. If you need bigger storage and bandwidth, faster CPU, or more software, you can add them on your initial build or upgrade later.
- Generous discounts. The company offers generous discounts on their dedicated packages. The preceding example of a $99 base price may actually have you end up paying around $80/month with their price saving offers.
- Affordable add-ons. These will cost you extra, but they are priced reasonably such as if you add cloud backup, that goes for an additional $1/month on top of the base monthly cost of your plan. Basic monitoring costs $5/month while more robust security options go for $20 or more monthly.
- Several payment options. You can choose from more than half a dozen payment methods – major credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, American Express), payment gateway (PayPal), and even with bitcoin.
iPage is among the most reliable in our top 10 dedicated server hosting solutions list. It was founded in 1998 and has since hosted over a million websites on its platform including business, personal, social and non-profit sites. It provides tools, processes and expertise for individuals and small businesses to easily and quickly create a professional online presence. iPage has two data centers with 24/7 security and network monitoring, load balanced servers for faster load times, and 24/7 customer support through phone, live chat and online tutorials. Its services include web hosting, VPS hosting and WordPress hosting. Its dedicated server hosting is available in three plans and gives users complete independent control, cloud based flexibility, and managed support. The top of the line service comes with free domain registration, unlimited domains and sub-domains, unlimited MySQL databases, unlimited FTP/SFTP user accounts, and free search engine marketing credits.
Price range: $119.99 – $191.99/month with 2 to 4 core CPU, 4 to 16GB of RAM, 500 to 1000GB disk space, and 5 to 15TB of bandwidth.
What is unique about iPage?
- Complete control. It provides you complete control over your hosting environment such as the ability to install applications without restrictions, the use of cPanel, and optional root access.
- Dedicated resources. You get all the resources you need for higher level of security, speed, and uptime; faster operating speeds for high traffic sites; mirrored storage for advanced data protection; and maximum performance.
- Cloud-based flexibility. It gives you room to grow and scale as demands increase as well as instant provisioning of resources, and seamless migration options.
- Unlimited resources. You can create unlimited domains and sub-domains, customized email accounts with your domain, unlimited MySQL databases, and FTP use accounts for better control.
- Pre-installed scripts. It comes with PHP5/Perl/Python, Ruby On Rails, Server Side Includes (SSI), and JavaServer Pages (JSP), aside from included software like Urchin 5 and Referrer Logs.
Since its inception in 2003, New Jersey-based company AccuWebHosting has offered impeccable hosting services to thousands of users with its advanced technology alongside responsive support, round-the-clock surveillance, and a 99% uptime guarantee. It provides top-notch dedicated server hosting services that are fully configurable and scalable, giving users the flexibility to pay for only the resources that they need. AccuWebHosting is also priced competitively, offering dedicated hosting services starting from $75 per month. Dedicated servers are available in Australia, Canada, France, Germany, India, Netherlands, Poland, Singapore, USA, and UK.
What is unique about AccuWebHosting?
- 99% uptime guarantee. With its robust and round-the-clock monitored network infrastructure, AccuWebHosting is nearly able to achieve a 100% uptime.
- Fully customizable plans. Users can customize their plans based on their specific requirements, which means they only need to pay for what they need.
- 24/7 Support. Its team of experts are available round-the-clock and they are also quite responsive to any customer questions or concerns. This means you don’t need to sit idle and waste precious time whenever you encounter issues with your online operations.
- Self-managed or fully managed. Have the option to pick either self-managed or fully managed based on your specific requirements.
- Free migration and initial setup. The company offers free migration support for the first three hours. Initial setup and configuration is also costless with AccuWebHosting.
Arvixe is a multi-awarded web hosting company established in 2003 and based in san Obispo, CA. It has hosted thousands of personal, small business and enterprise websites on a global level, and has been recognized by leading publications as one of the fastest growing hosting companies in the world. Arvixe anchors its services on a combination of unmatched reliability, quality and affordability. It operates Type II Certified data centers in Chicago, Dallas and New Jersey that offers 99.9% uptime guarantee. The company has hosting services for Web, blogs, CMS, eCommerce, video sharing, forums, social network, and community websites. It’s managed dedicated servers are offered under its DEDICATED CLASS platform, giving you maximum control of your data and web hosting environment backed by high level performance, reliability, security, and technical support.
Price range: $131.70 – $230.50/month for single processor servers with 4 to 16 GB RAM and 128GB to 1TB storage space. Multi-processor servers go for $360.50/month with 32GB RAM and 512GB to 1TB disk space.
What is unique about Arvixe?
- 100% server management. If you have no knowledge of running a server, Arvixe can handle 24/7/365 full management for your dedicated server. You just choose the server, add an OS and a control panel to your package, and Arvixe takes care of server administration for you.
- Nightly security updates. All managed dedicated servers undergo nightly security updates and monitored for performance during and after these updates by Arvixe’s technical support staff.
- 24/7 dedicated support. Round-the-clock support is available in case you ever need something installed or require an update to software on your server. Support service is available all the time to get things done for you quickly.
- State-of-the-art data center. Its facilities that are monitored and maintained with uninterrupted power supply, top security, redundant power generators, and HVAC systems.
- Choice of software. You can go for Linux or Windows which comes with award winning cPanel and WebSite Panel controls.
6. 1&1 Web Hosting
1&1 positions itself as a one-stop Internet shop, providing a wide range of products and services from domain registration to Web hosting, email solutions, site creation, high-end servers, and technical support. It is well-known for its affordable hosting packages and domain registration services which start out at $.099/month. 1&1 operates green data centers in the U.S. and Europe and currently manages more than 19 million domain names. Although it has some of the cheapest plans available, it doesn’t compromise on quality and in fact uses the latest high-performance processors from Intel and AMD. Its dedicated servers are built for maximum security and reliability as well as easy system management. There are a dozen dedicated server packages to choose from, including some value offerings at special rates.
Price range: $59.99 – $349.99/month depending on speed, memory size and hard disk space. Discounted rates are regularly offered. Dedicated server packages come with unlimited traffic and unlimited email accounts.
What is unique about 1&1 Web Hosting?
- Plesk ONYX. This leading tool for server administrators allows you to manage and process all of the server’s functions and set up user accounts, domains and email addresses without having to change the interface. It also takes care of updates to keep your server secure and up-to-date.
- Full root access. You get full administrator control of your dedicated server. You can install any program you like, and have full control over your services, number of hits and users.
- Latest generation processors and hard drives. 1&1 uses AMD and Intel hardware components which have undergone maximum load and performance testing.
- Linux/Windows or Managed. You can choose from numerous Linux and Windows options, including CentOS 7, openSUSE, Debian, Windows 2016 and more. You can also opt for Managed Servers which are pre-configured, dedicated web servers that contain all the necessary applications, tools and features.
JustHost was started in 2008 and has offices in the US, the UK and Australia with a data center based in Chicago, IL. The hosting service has many budget-friendly offerings for website, VPS and dedicated hosting. It provides free domain registration, unlimited domains, custom tailored support, cPanel control interface, and 24/7 network monitoring. Its dedicated servers are custom-built with industrial grade components (Intel Xeon processors) and best software to ensure continued peak power and performance. Likewise, it utilizes advanced cloud technology like OpenStack to allow for continuous upgrades and enhancements. JustHost boasts of providing and maintaining a reliable service, so much so that they offer a 30-day money back guarantee if you decide to cancel your account.
Price range: $79.99 – $119.99/month with three dedicated hosting packages to choose from depending on size of RAM, disk space, cache, bandwidth, and number of IPs. All comes with free domain name.
What is unique about JustHost?
- Instant provisioning. Dedicated servers applies technology that is optimized from the ground up allowing you to use your account in seconds instead of hours or days.
- Enhanced caching. You can enjoy high performance through the write-back caching that uses its own RAM.
- One sign on. It takes just one sign on to access the cPanel, server management, and all other featured tools.
- Free script library. An entire library of scripts is offered free. You can automatically install any of the leading scripts such as WordPress, osCommerce, phpBB, Joomla and many more.
Bluehost was founded in Utah in 2003 and since then has powered more than 2 million websites all over the world. In has been in partnership with WordPress for the past 10 years and has optimized its hosting services, such as 1-click WP installation, to accommodate the thousands of users of the popular CMS platform. It offers full in-house services with its own fiber connections, data centers, and custom Linux kernel running on custom-built servers. Bluehost utilizes world class technology such as dual quad core processor servers, UPS power backup, Linux OS, customized Apache web server, round the clock network monitoring, and multiple 10GB Ethernet connections. Its dedicated servers are tuned for ultimate performance, and uses high quality storage with RAID 1 support which means drives are completely mirrored, ensuring data are well protected.
Price range: $79.99 – $119.99 with three dedicated packages that differ in storage, RAM and bandwidth size.
What is unique about Bluehost?
- Open source technology. Servers are custom built by in-house engineers for speed and flexibility, and uses open source technology to provide flexibility in performance upgrade over time.
- Storage upgrades. You can add hosting storage quickly as you need it in real time without requiring admin intervention.
- Multi-server management. If you are in need of more than one hosting service, you can add shared, VPS, or even additional dedicated services to your existing account and manage all of them in one place.
- Optional add-ons. You can enhance your account with security, marketing and email upgrades such as domain privacy, spam protection, sitelock, configuration options, SSL certificates, and SEO tools.
9. Liquid Web
Liquid Web is a highly-rated web hosting company that has been in the business for the past 20 years, serving customers in more than 130 countries and managing half a million sites through its five global data centers. Its hosting services cater to professionals, businesses, agencies and corporations, specifically those with mission-critical sites, stores and applications. While Liquid Web has offerings for shared hosting, its primary focus is more on VPS plans and dedicated hosting which come in premium packages. Said packages for dedicated and VPS clients are backed by guarantees – 100% network uptime, 30-minute initial response time, and 30-minute hardware replacement. Moreover, Liquid Web credits clients with ten times the cost of downtime they experienced if guarantees are not met.
Price range: $199 – $569/month in four different packages for single processor dedicated servers, and $399 – $789/month also in four separate plans for dual processor dedicated servers.
What is unique about Liquid Web?
- Dedicated servers for various hosting needs. Single processor dedicated servers are ideal for high traffic sites and apps, database hosting, file server hosting, and reseller hosting, while dual processor dedicated servers are intended for multiple sites, resource intensive apps, large databases, and large scale resellers.
- Four OS choices. There are four available operating systems for dedicated servers – CentOS, Ubunto, CloudLinux and Windows – with up-to-date tools, fine-grained controls and refreshed life cycles.
- Several features included. You get standard DDoS protection, CloudFlare CDN, backup drive, advanced security, cPanel/WHM and Plesk Onyx, IPMI access, root access, dedicated IP address, and business-grade SSD storage.
- Guarantees. 100% network and power uptime SLAs, 24-48 hours dedicated server built and deployment, and crediting back 10X the cost of downtime, among others.
HostGator is a powerful web hosting option made easy and affordable for both small businesses and enterprises requiring cloud, WordPress, shared, VPS or dedicated web hosting services. It was founded in 2002 with headquarters in Houston, Texas and offices in Austin (Texas), Canada, Brazil, Russia, and Mexico. It has since become a multi-awarded and well-recognized web hosting service managing 8 million domains including top companies like Dell, Cisco and AT&T. it rents data center facilities that houses over 12,000 servers, and utilizes 10 different fiber providers. Its dedicated servers are flexible, customizable and configurable. They can be managed or semi-managed solutions that provide maximum performance and are ideal for larger businesses and high-traffic websites.
Price range: $119 – $149/month available in three plans with 4 to 8 core processors, 8 to 32GB RAM, 1 to 2TB HDD, Linux or Windows OS, and unmetered bandwidth.
What is unique about HostGator?
- Instant scalability. Server resources can be dynamically adjusted to maintain optimum performance. You can increase the amount of storage to your server quickly with no data migration required.
- High-level security. It uses data center level DDOS protection and an IP-based firewall to keep your server safe and performing optimally.
- Advanced management. cPanel and WHM are provided on all Linux servers for powerful management of both hosting-specific functions and overall server configuration.
- Managed or semi-managed server. You get direct assistance on all technical and configuration matters with managed support, or help for hardware, OS and basic configuration issues for semi-managed server.
Internet servers may have a reputation for being costly, but you shouldn’t let that fool you into thinking that there are no affordable options out there for your company. Like any other business investment, there will always be good internet hosting deals that fall within your budget. Hopefully, with our list of top 10 cheap dedicated server hosting and dedicated hosting price comparison, you were able to find servers that not only keep your expenditures at a minimum but also ensure that you are getting the best value for your money.
If you are have decided to get your business online. We offer web and mobile app development services for all size of business.